Hi everyone. Happy August! It's Erika who you probably know from my blog BioArtGal. I'm also one of the admins here at Art Journal Journey. This month I'm your host here at Art Journal Journey.
I love art journaling. It is so much fun to start with a blank page, some supplies and maybe even a few ideas. Then when you're finished you've created a page or even a whole journal that tells some kind of story.
My theme this month is In The Good Old Summertime. It's the title of a very very old song, but you don't need to make your journal page vintage, unless you want to. You can focus on any of the words in the title so make a journal page about something good, something old (well vintage) or something summery. Or combine them. The choice is yours.
I hope you're inspired and will join us here at Art Journal Journey.
Please don't forget to read the dreaded RULES. We are a blog only group and do not
accept links from Facebook, TikTok or Instagram. Do not back-link to
any projects published prior to the start date of the current month's
challenge. That means if you have published your post prior to 1 August,
2026 it is not acceptable to share it here. Also, we love to see your
homes, walks, etc., but you MUST include a link to your art journal
entry and a link to Art Journal Journey.
Que interesante, a ver qué se me ocurre para participar, besitos
ReplyDeleteLo siento, no puedo porque no hay manera de ingresar el enlace. Un abrazo
ReplyDeleteThanks for the challenge Erika; happy August everyone 😍🦋🌺
ReplyDeleteA very well-presented piece of writing. The topic has been handled with care, and the information makes this a genuinely useful read.
ReplyDeletehttps://nanajee.com/2026/02/04/top-5-attractions-in-kuala-lumpur-malaysia/
Thanks for the inspiration, Erika. This theme brought me great memories. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteOh, Erika, this theme is absolute perfection for August! I love how open-ended you’ve made it—whether we want to lean into something good, something vintage, or pure summertime vibes, there's so much room to play. Art journaling really is the best way to tell a story starting from a completely blank page. Can't wait to see what everyone creates for Art Journal Journey this month.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if what I do is considered journaling. I have a 6"x8.5" sketch book that I use to draw in, but I don't carry it around with me and I don't draw things I see when I am out. I just draw what strikes my fancy whenever it strikes my fancy. Right now I am doing a series on birds that I used to see at the lake. So that said ... I love your journal page. Perfect balance and very attractive. I would love to be out on a boat in this Good Old Summer Time :) Be well and continue to enjoy your summer ...
ReplyDeleteAndrea @ From the Sol
I absolutely adore your theme, Erika! I couldn't wait to make something for it. Thank you!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, dear blogfriend for sharing and for hosting. You made again a lovely artwork. My Art is to paint too, but likewise any Calligraphy or to fotograph.
ReplyDeleteThank you too for always (!) lovely comments. By the way , you a very good eye too.
Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
A wonderful theme—the kind that inspires you to create... I made a card based on the theme too, but for some reason, I can't insert my link. It’s definitely an issue with my computer, but anyone interested can view my creation here: https://peripetiazois.blogspot.com/2026/08/good-old-summertime.html.
ReplyDeleteI’ve also added a link on my blog that leads here.