01 February, 2024

Keeping It Light

Happy February everyone. 
Today for our new challenge we're welcoming a new host here at Art Journal Journey.
I hope you'll be as excited as we are to have Vicki as our host.

Hello my name is Vicki Parson from stampedsmiles.com.
I have been an avid paper crafter for several years. I have mainly been a card maker, but I do love to try different things with art journaling, mixed media, scrapbooking and other techniques to keep me busy. I don't think my life would be complete without having some form of crafting in it. When I'm not crafting, my recently retired husband keeps me busy with traveling and having random adventures whenever we can. 

I'm very excited about being a part of this challenge blog and being asked to host a theme this month.
 

My theme is "Light"

Light can have so many different meanings and so many different ways to interpret it. Here are a few examples to get you thinking.

1. sun, moon, stars, candle, lantern, bulb, illuminate
2. colors (subtle or subdued tones or shades)
3. an idea (shedding some light on a subject)
4. interpretations (light as a feather, light snowflakes, let your heart be light, let your light shine, etc.)

I hope you enjoy my art journal page for inspiration and have some fun with this theme. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
 
If you are new to this blog, please read the Dreaded Rules.  No cards allowed.

 




11 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece, Vicki, and I love the Quote from Dumbledore. Have fun hosting at AJJ this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lightsome theme, and happy February everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great theme Vicki, and I love your example page with that wonderful quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the kind welcome! I hope you enjoy the theme and I so look forward to seeing how it is interpreted! Love them all so far! :) Happy journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Vicki, cool theme, love the quote, hope you enjoy the month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a happy and light-filled February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and creative theme, Vicki! And I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful artwork. Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like getting in on the last of the month! Great quote, and awesome theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this piece of art! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

We are thrilled you visited and always look forward to your journal art.