01 July, 2026

Fabric, lace and trims…oh my!

 

Hi, I’m Halle of Halle’s Hobbies! I’m happy to be hosting here on Art Journal Journey once again. I believe this is the 5th time I have joined you in this capacity. It’s very kind of our hosts to save a summer month for me, as I am currently off work for the season—one of the perks of working in K-12 education.

Enough about me… I want to introduce our theme this month: Fabric, lace and trims…oh my!

I have a passion for sewing as well as paper arts, and I couldn’t help but pick a theme that would join the two. I hope you have as much fun playing along as I have making my first page.
 
 

 
Please don't forget to read the dreaded RULES. We are a blog only group and do not accept links from Facebook, TikTok  or Instagram. Do not back-link to any projects published prior to the start date of the current month's challenge. That means if you have published your post prior to 1 July, 2026 it is not acceptable to share it here. Also, we love to see your homes, walks, etc., but you  MUST include a link to your art journal entry and a link to Art Journal Journey. 

 

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful theme, Halle. I also look forward to seeing what others come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nice theme and sample Halle, thank you 🩷
    Happy July to everyone 😘👍

    ReplyDelete

  3. Your theme is absolutely wonderful, Halle! Thank you. I cannot wait to make a project this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the theme of your challenge 😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like such a fun challenge! Fabric, lace, and trims add so much texture and character to journal pages. Thanks for hosting! Anyway, I followed your blog, I hope you will follow back.

    www.itsjulieann.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I made a mistake. I should have not linked (number 6) the card to AJJ. Sorry, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is always exciting to see how different materials can completely transform a page and give it that unique texture. Have fun kicking off the month with everyone, and I look forward to seeing the page you created to get things started.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry: my right link is the last one; 7.7.26 two previous are wrong🤔

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have a such stunning and incredible layout of blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. May you always remember that you are more than your answers –
    that your doubts are sacred, and your silence full of meaning.

    May you see the flower without explaining it,
    and use the machine without becoming like it.

    May you not be afraid of the screen,
    but neither get lost in it –
    may it rather be a mirror that points you back to your own depth.

    And if technology ever makes you feel superfluous,
    then remember: you are not measurable.
    You were not made to always be better and faster.
    You are present, unique, and irreplaceable –
    not because you know everything,
    but because you can choose to love,
    even when it is illogical.

    Then move forward peacefully –
    not faster, but deeper.
    And let your humanity
    remain the greatest technology of all.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Awesome post when I love read your caption I love apricate to read your article many student search this type of information about fine art which is grow his won future anf the Art is more than just drawing or painting—it is a powerful way to express creativity, emotions, and ideas. A Fine Art Course helps students develop artistic skills while exploring different forms of visual art such as sketching, painting, sculpture, printmaking, and creative composition. Whether you are a beginner or an aspiring professional artist, a structured Fine Art Course provides practical training under experienced instructors. Students learn essential techniques including color theory, perspective, composition, shading, figure drawing, and the use of various artistic mediums. Along with technical skills, the course also encourages imagination, innovation, and personal artistic expression. A Fine Art qualification can open doors to exciting career opportunities. Graduates may work as professional artists, illustrators, art teachers, gallery professionals, museum curators, art directors, or creative entrepreneurs. Many students also choose to build successful freelance careers by creating commissioned artwork or selling their creations online.
    Graphic Designing course in Delhi NCR,
    Best Fine art Institute in Delhi NCR
    Best Fashion Designing institute in Delhi NCR

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful theme—I love lace!
    I'll try to find the time to take part!
    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

We are thrilled you visited and always look forward to your journal art.