01 September, 2021

Vintage

 

Hi, Wendy K here from wendyscraftjournal.blogspot.com with my third hosting for Art Journal Journey. Thank you all for inviting me once again. This time I have chosen Vintage for my theme. One broad definition of vintage is: generally commercial artwork created from the 18th century through to the mid 20th century. In other words, it appears I am vintage. It is up to you how you wish to interpret this and I look forward to seeing all your pages. If you are still a bit confused have a look at Tim Holtz stuff, he does a lot of vintage.
For this double page I started by quickly writing all over the background, covering with a coat of gesso to tone it down and then adding some collage. I used an old envelope and made a little book of scraps of papers as a little journal.The picture of the wren is a card I made with some quotes in. You can see these on my blog. The right pocket at the bottom contains some feathers found in the garden. I painted the tree on the left to bring it into touch with the birds and leaves. Hopefully this page looks vintage.
Have fun.
 
 
 
 
Please don't forget to read the dreaded rules.  This is an art journal blog.
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Wendy, what a great theme. I love Vintage so this is already inspiring all kind of pages in my mind. So fun. Your sample page is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme and spread, Wendy! I hope to participate this month again, fingers crossed! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page definitiv looks vintage. I love how it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see you again in the hosting seat Wendy and what a beautiful theme.
    Happy creative September x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the Vintage theme.
    Happy and creative September all visitors xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your page Wendy and great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a really lovely journal spread to begin the new theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a scrap page 12 x 12 with a vintage theme. I hope this is okay. If not, just let me know. Love the theme. Thank you Windy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful theme! I LOVE vintage!!! Thank you Wendy and AJJ Monthly!!!Wendy, your spread is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful journal page. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please follow my blog if you would like to.

    ReplyDelete

We are thrilled you visited and always look forward to your journal art.