01 January, 2022

Let's Face It

Hi everyone. Happy 2022 to you.

This month I am excited to announce that the new challenge is being hosted by me, Erika. Many of you know me from my blog BioArtGal.

I have a lot of rubber stamps, and one of my goals  last year was to use some of the older forgotten stamps.  One thing I noticed while going through my stamps was that I had lots of different face images in my collection. That inspired me to come up with this month's challenge theme:

Let's Face It

This month you should use a face on your journal page. It could be a human face, an animal face, or a face on something that doesn't usually have  one like smiling flowers or a mustached mushroom. It might not even be a living thing that has a face. Or perhaps instead of an actual face you have another interpretation of this topic. (Like me when I was trying to motivate myself last month to write a stack of Christmas cards, and I thought, let's face it, I need to get this done before the holidays have already ended.)

You can stamp a face, draw a face, use a digital face or cut out a face from something printed. You could also paint a face or stencil a face. It doesn't matter the size of the face or whether you include one face or more than one face. And if you're  going for a symbolic interpretation of the challenge phrase, then just tell us how it relates to faces. 


I hope you have time to share some face art with us this month.

">Be sure to check out the "dreaded rules."  Note size is no longer an issue.


13 comments:

  1. Great challenge and sample, Erika! Happy New Year to all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love faces. Was just thinking there are six faces on a cube. And could the side of a house be a face? Wow, what a great theme Erika - thanks. I need to sharpen my drawing skills up on portraits so this gives me lots of scope to get going.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the face idea! Fun, fun, fun! Love your page too, Erika. Magical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great theme Erika, and a beautiful page! Hopefully I'll have more time to join in this month.
    Hugs, Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely theme and sample, Erika. My first entry is looking at the future.
    I wish you Erika, and every blog friends very happy and creative Year 2022 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fabulous theme and lovely to see Erika starting the New year off with a super page.
    Happy New Year everyone Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for the theme. Happy New Year for everyone ❣

    ReplyDelete
  8. ery nice idea on this topic, Erika
    Happy New Year everyone! Hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful art and a fun and creative theme to begin the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this idea for a challenge! And Erika, your page is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning page! Time to start up journaling this year and what a great theme to start!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the page Erika..such a great theme too.
    I am pleased I have been able to join in with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great theme Erika, and your page is wonderful. I really like that palace, the beautiful stamps and the girl on the horse, the stitching... and all the details. Thanks so much.
    Sending big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete

We are thrilled you visited and always look forward to your journal art.