01 March, 2023

Anything goes

 Hi Everybody!

Valerie of Bastelmania here, and I will be your host here at Art Journal Journey this month. Thanks so much to Erika who gave us the lovely challenge of seeing red in February, which I very much enjoyed.
My theme is:

ANYTHING GOES.

That means you can choose any theme, colour combo, style etc that you like, but of course, it must be a journal page, as tags and cards are not permitted. This is a good theme to journal your heart out, play around, try things you haven't done beforehand, experiment with different mediums etc. One of my favourite themes is faces, and I have a colourful mixed media piece to share with you, inspired by a lesson from Tamara Laport. You can see lots of colours, mark-making, drawing, painting etc, and I had great fun creating it.


I am very much looking forward to seeing what YOU create. Be creative, have fun, and link to us here!
 
 
 
 
Don't forget to check The Dreaded Rules before you link.

37 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to love this theme, Valerie. I suspect others will, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksy Elizabeth, I hope you are right!

      Delete
  2. nice. love it! And your lady is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful lady and theme, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie! YAY! I LOVE your theme this much. I cannot wait to try new things with my art journaling, too. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your portrait, but then you know I am a fan of them. Great theme, hope i can get one or two more in than I usually do
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your portrait, she looks amazing! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful piece Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's amazing Valerie, love those colours.
    Happy March Crafting xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a lot of fun making it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am back! Fun theme Valerie. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I'm happy you're back! Hugs!

      Delete
  11. She is wonderful..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for not tying us to a particular theme, I wish anything goes was an option every month! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's some wonderful art you've shared here. I wouldn't know where to begin creating something like this, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Just start somewhere and see what happens!

      Delete
  14. Your face is fantastic and an inspiration in itself.
    Thank you for the encouragement to link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carola, hope you will link to us again!

      Delete
  15. beautiful lady in orange, purple, and blue theme...You're very talented Valerie...Have a nice day ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Valerie. I really enjoyed your girl with the purple lips; and coming in every weekend this March to link up to this prompt which allowed us so much freedom. Even though its nice to be contained sometimes with a specific subject and follow a route maybe we never had thought about ourselves.
    Hope April brings you lots of inspiration and joy

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete

We are thrilled you visited and always look forward to your journal art.