01 February, 2023

Seeing Red


Seeing Red

Hi everyone. This is Erika.  Many of you know me from my blog as BioArtGal. This month I am your host here at Art Journal Journey.  

I am a retired high school biology teacher, and one of the reasons I retired was to have more time to make art. I especially love art journaling.

I also love color. For a while I have wanted to pick out and focus on making journal pages where the focus of the page was just one color.  Hosting Art Journal Journey seemed like the perfect time and place to give this art goal a try. After thinking about colors, I decided red would be the color.  Maybe we can all learn one or two new things about the color red.


Even though I decided my first page would be mostly red, I did that more as an introduction for my theme. You do NOT need to make a page that is almost all red as I did, but please, use red in a way that it stands out on your page. The theme of your page is yours. You can use red objects like apples, or you can make your background red.  And since it is February, if you like the heart shape as I do, you can add red hearts.  But if you're feeling it, you can make a totally red page.

Also remember there are different shades of red, so feel free to use any shade of red, and since pink is just red with lots of white in it, feel free to use pink also. I'd even say red-orange works, but keep it on the red side. 

I hope you'll join me  Seeing Red this month.




Please check the rules if you're not familiar with this challenge blog. NO CARDS, tags or ATC's please.


 

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE the theme this month, Erika! And your page is absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme Erika, and your art is fabulous!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your page Erika! A great but challenging theme for me - Red is not my favourite colour but I will be using it more this year and you will find out why soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice page and theme, Erika! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red looking art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautifully detailed art journal page, Erika.
    I wish your started February is full of joy and inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous theme for the month of Feburary

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a huge junk journal. I'm linking one of the pages (pink--a lighter shade of red). There are other pages in the journal that had red as well. Love your page and theme, Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Erika thanks for the comment over at mine. I hadn't meant to link with the card that was a mistake but I've entered the correct link now. Loving the theme and gorgeous sample. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

We are thrilled you visited and always look forward to your journal art.