01 May, 2021

Language

 

Hello everyone and happy May Day!

It's Elle here from Empire of the Cat and I am so excited to be hosting the May challenge at Art Journal Journey as a first time host!

You might have seen me around the interwebs but if we haven't met, then hi, I'm Elle and I live in Scotland, quite close to the sea but not as close as I would like (working on it). I am a cat person as you might have guessed from the name of my website! I have three lovely kitty companions who are a constant source of inspiration and one of them is almost as obsessed with art and art journalling as I am and spends a lot of time in the studio "helping" me or just offering moral support when it all goes terribly wrong.

When I was invited to host and was asked to choose my own theme, I quickly filled a page with ideas, which was great but not so helpful when I needed to narrow it down to one theme LOL.  Eventually I narrowed it down to my top three and then decided on my chosen theme for May which is "Language".

Here's Wikipedia's definition of Language: 

A language is a structured system of communication used by humans, including speech, gestures and writing. Most languages have a writing system composed of glyphs to inscribe the original sound or gesture and its meaning. The scientific study of language is called linguistics.

This month's theme of language, can be interpreted in many ways - your own language, language of flowers, language of love, words, books, communication, sign language, gestures, symbols, icons, or even your own "art" language meaning your own favourite things you like to use, colours, materials, things that you use when creating, that become your own unique signature style.

For my first page for May, I have chosen to make a watercolour galaxy background which is something I love to do, with metallic splatters (all of this is part of my art language) and I am using a quote from Rumi which makes me think about our little art journalling community - we understand each other because of the way we feel about art journalling and not because we all speak the same language!

Language is all about communication, so we would love to see you communicate using language on your pages, in whatever form you choose. I have given some suggestions above, and I will be creating some other fun pages this month with some different interpretations of Language, if you need more inspiration.

I can't wait to see what you do with this month's theme and I will be dropping by to see all your lovely creations.

Thanks for having me!

Elle

 

As always, please remember to read the rules!


 

 

 

25 comments:

  1. Super fun to see you hosting, Elle. Your theme is fun and your page done to inspire us is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elle for the interesting theme, and really good information of it.
    I wish everyone a happy May with health and joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an interesting new theme, Elle.
    Your own inspiration piece is lovely and to the point and I'm looking forward to seeing other entries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy day, i like the theme
    beautiful page , congrats :)
    hugs from Chile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you enter the challenge

      Delete
  6. Hi elle ,, this is such beautiful post.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tori, same to you! I hope you enter the challenge also.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for hosting.

    To look in the sky is always a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great AJ page ! love it, thanks for inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an informative article. Tell you what I have bookmarked your website for regular checkup. Thank you for taking time to share such a great content.

    Regards,
    Online Essay Help

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous page and fabulous theme!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice blog site dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page is very interesting. I am not so familiar with how it all works here but I am from the Netherlands and got this link from a englisch friend and I just want to get to know other people/ friends who also has a blog. To see what people share because my interests are very diverse. And I have already received many nice comments that made me very happy with. I write poems and stories from life of what I see or meet or what touches me and then I write about that on my 2 websites. Sometimes there is also a message hidden in it. LG, Tine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tina, I have left a comment on your blog

      Delete
  13. Hello, Elle. It's a beautiful page and a great color display.
    Glad to know you are the host of this blog.

    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great sample and fun challenge, Elle, thanks for hosting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big thanks to everyone who joined in with my Language theme this month at Art Journal Journey I hope you all had fun with language! Elle xx

    ReplyDelete

We are thrilled you visited and always look forward to your journal art.