01 September, 2023

Books, Cats, Tea

 

 It's Elle here from Empire of the Cat and I am so pleased to be hosting the September challenge.

This is my third time hosting so you probably know this already, but I live in Scotland. I am a cat person as you might have guessed from the name of my website! I have three lovely kitty companions who are a constant source of inspiration and one of them is quite obsessed with art and especially paintbrushes. She also loves to watch people making art on Youtube - she's definitely a frustrated kitty artist.

 

My theme for this month is Books, Cats and Tea.  I saw a meme once that read "I just want to read books, pet cats and drink tea."  That would describe my perfect day!  It inspired me to create an ATC at the time and I am hoping that it will inspire you to create lots of lovely journal pages for this month's theme.  

To introduce the theme, I have created a page that features all three items - a large kitty in the centre, surrounded by lots of books, teacups and teapots.  Feel free to use any of the elements from the theme separately or all together like I've done.  I think it gives lots of options for creating using book paper, tea bags, tea packaging, tea staining etc and of course the opportunity to put any kind of feline on the page is always a good idea.  If you don't want to use tea bags or book paper, you could journal about your favourite books or even your favourite teas.

So, I hope you find inspiration in this theme and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Happy Journalling!

 Please observe the Dreaded Rules before you post.  No cards and all posts must contain journal or altered book pages.

 



17 comments:

  1. A fabulous theme for September Elle, very you indeed! I love your gorgeous ginger kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get busy.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring September with the homely theme to everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been f o r e v e r since I've participated here... and it feels so good to be back. Elle's theme really called to me. Thanks for the inspiration - all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a charming happy piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun theme, Elle! Love your page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only problem I have with this theme is there aren't enough days in this month to create everything I hope for in my brand new Cats altered book. This combined theme really, really, really speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than 31 pages? You could always just keep going and adding to it after the end of the month :)

      Delete
  8. What a great theme, Elle! And I love what you created for your first page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sharon! Can't wait to see what you make for it!

      Delete
  9. So beautiful. I love the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I didn't get to take part in month of September. Hopefully in October.
    Coffee is on. and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful and creative Cat page ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete

We are thrilled you visited and always look forward to your journal art.